the poster came into being in Victorian times and 100 years later came popular use by social activists in the 1960 s Cheap to produce and to spread around posters were the social media of that time. Posters are still important today! This competition is a chance for you to be involved in a major art exhibition in Norwich in September and October 2017, working alongside professional artists.
the poster competition
1. aged 15-19?
2. live in the UK?
3. feel passionate about a thing, a belief, an injustice?
we want you to produce a poster that communicates your message; you don't have to be an artist, just a person with something to say
4. make an a4 sized poster
5. send it in to us by post or email by the 30th august 2017
6. we will look at the posters and select the winners
remember we are not just looking for the art, but the message and your passion.
7. winners posters will be published in a catalogue
the winning posters alongside other selected entrants posters will be published.
8. winners posters will be displayed in the Forum 11-16 sept
there will also be a prize presentation to the winners
9. As many entrants as possible will be published on this website and displayed in the art-of-revolution exhibitions around norwich and great yarmouth
10. And yes there will be some other prizes
we are negotiating the prizes and will detail them here as they become available